In case you missed it, here are three things you should know this week...
1.) Rethinking the Runway: Ralph Lauren's Fashion Forward Business Decision
- In an effort to win over a new generation of customers, Ralph Lauren made a bold decision Thursday and skipped the runway.
- Opting for a more approachable and casual atmosphere, the designer showcased his latest collection in an expanded version of the coffee shop in his women’s store on Madison Avenue and almost everything was available for sale immediately after at the store and online.
- “We want to be stimulating,” Mr. Lauren said afterward. “It’s about change and newness.”
- To read the original article, visit The Wall Street Journal.
2.) Tax-Savvy Techniques for Investors
- Few among us enjoy thinking about taxes, especially during this time of year as we struggle with tax-law complexities and worry about how soon our refunds will arrive, or how much more we might owe.
- Christine Benz, director of personal finance at Morningstar Inc., and other experts say many investors would benefit by paying more attention to tax-savvy investing techniques year-round and by learning to steer clear of tax traps that have ensnared unsuspecting investors.
- Visit The Wall Street Journal for a few thoughts on how to improve tax efficiency from professionals in the tax and investment industries.
3.) Warm Up in Arizona's Hottest Spots
- Golf isn’t the only reason to putter around Scottsdale, Arizona. The resort town boasts a variety of food, art, spas, and adventures–even the cactus are calling.
- Four locals, including rocker Alice Cooper and Maynard James Keenan, share their favorite spots to explore on your next getaway!
- For a little travel inspiration and the details on Scottsdale's must-see attractions, visit The Wall Street Journal.